CYANOTYPE CANDLE JOURNEY
BeCandle x Yeung Chin
Monthly Special Experience with EARLY-BIRD HKD880
(early bird offer till Apr 21, 2021 original price HKD980)
- Hand-made Cyanotype card x 5pcs (100x150mm)
- Hand-made Cyanotype handkerchief x 1 (400x400mm)
- 200g vegetal scented candle (custom label)
- Gift box (custom label)
- Collectable CODE bottle (2ml perfume oil)
- A delicate CODE record card (Incld. your exclusive Mood Board sticker)
- General know-how of scented candle making
- General know-how of Cyanotype making
Apr 24, 2021 SATURDAY
Apr 28, 2021 WEDNESDAY
15:00 - 18:00 (3 hours per session)
BeCandle Formulate x Yeung Chin Cyanotype experience is a full spectrum self-exploring sensual journey while creating a scent that is yours alone.
Yeung Chin is a renowned fashion design in town. He was awarded scholarship by The University of Westminster London to study MA in Fashion Design in 2008 and graduated with a scholar of distinction in 2009. He is currently a guest lecturer of HKDI and founded his first concept store at H406 in Central Yuanchuangfang.
The process was invented by Sir John Herschel, a brilliant astronomer and scientist, in 1842. Cyanotypes were traditionally used for reproducing technical drawings and diagrams of architects and engineers. In the mid-nineteenth century, artist and botanist, Anna Atkins brought the process to the attention and imagination of the public when she produced a series of cyanotype prints of seaweeds.
The process involves a mixture of iron compounds to create a photosensitive solution. This is then applied straight after mixing to an absorbent surface such as fabric which it is then left in a dark place to dry. Prints can then be made by placing a negative on to the surface and exposing the coated surface to ultraviolet light. It is then washed in water oxidise to produces prints in a distinctive dark greenish-blue.
Along with our COMPANIONS specialists you will create a bespoke 200ml scented candle with our library of IFRA certified aroma materials, a CODE CARD by Cyanotype technique that records important elements in your creative process, and your collectable CODE bottle (2ml concentrated perfume oil) that represent your creation.
- We use soy base vegetal wax and cotton wick
- Our library is composed of fragrances, essential oil and scent molecule, can be varied by time
- Step by step instructions and guidance
- Gift Box with custom label (only for 200ml glass provided by BeCandle)
- 10% discount of your purchase at the same day
- Pick up your scented candle at the same day.